Adelaide royal show

For the Westies. So to speak.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Adelaide royal show

Postby tyrone_tong on Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:28 pm

Anyone will go to Adelaide royal show :?:
Did anyone went there before and can share some experiences? What equirnments should i bring?
Nikon D70s + Nikkor AF 28-105D+ AFS 70-300 VR + AF 50 f/1.8 D + Tokina 12-24 f/4 + DX 10.5 Fisheye+SB800
tyrone_tong

Postby DanielA on Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:07 pm

Hi Tyrone_tong,

There are lots of things to photograph at the show. It could be useful to check out the program of events to see what you are interested in.

If you want to travel light, probably a long lens and wide angle lens (like the kit lens). The long lens is good for many of the events and for candids. The wider lens is good for everything else. :D I wouldn't take a tripod due to there being so many people there, it's just too busy.

You can see some of my shots from last year's show, and some of Big V's 1 and 2.

Daniel
Nikon D4, D2Xs, D70, Nikkors and Sigmas lenses from 10 to 400mm
www.DSAimages.com
DanielA

Postby tyrone_tong on Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:34 pm

Thank you for your information, Daniel. I am looking forward to the show.

DanielA wrote:Hi Tyrone_tong,

There are lots of things to photograph at the show. It could be useful to check out the program of events to see what you are interested in.

If you want to travel light, probably a long lens and wide angle lens (like the kit lens). The long lens is good for many of the events and for candids. The wider lens is good for everything else. :D I wouldn't take a tripod due to there being so many people there, it's just too busy.

You can see some of my shots from last year's show, and some of Big V's 1 and 2.

Daniel
Nikon D70s + Nikkor AF 28-105D+ AFS 70-300 VR + AF 50 f/1.8 D + Tokina 12-24 f/4 + DX 10.5 Fisheye+SB800
tyrone_tong

Postby DanielA on Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:41 pm

Have fun.
I'd going in on Monday. Be sure to post some shots. :D

Daniel

tyrone_tong wrote:Thank you for your information, Daniel. I am looking forward to the show.
Nikon D4, D2Xs, D70, Nikkors and Sigmas lenses from 10 to 400mm
www.DSAimages.com
DanielA

Postby Ronza on Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:25 am

I'll be heading to the show tommorow, haven't done any photography there ever before so it'll be a first for me viewing everything behind a lens. Thinking of hiring a locker with a mate, stashing our bags and carrying just two bodies and two lenses all day, spending the morning with a telephoto then the afternoon with the wide angle.
Ronza

Return to Adelaide and Perth