Photo exhibition at SA Museum

For the Westies. So to speak.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Photo exhibition at SA Museum

Postby DanielA on Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:54 pm

Went in to see the Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition at the SA Museum today. The $5 entry fee also gets you the ANZANG Nature and Landscape Photographer of the Year Exhibition (they're in the same room).

The exhibition was very good, like last year. Well worth going. Always interesting to see the makes of equipment used.
I was happy to see a couple of Nikon D70s shots along with the usual D2x ones.
The international shots seem to be mostly digital, but the ANZANG entries had lots of film.
You really have to wonder though about an under 10 year old using a D2x and 300mm f/2.8... :shock:

There were a couple of typos I noticed on the plaques. One I liked was the Nikon 12-24mm f/1.4 lens. Anyone know where to get one of those :?:

Daniel
Nikon D4, D2Xs, D70, Nikkors and Sigmas lenses from 10 to 400mm
www.DSAimages.com
DanielA

Re: Photo exhibition at SA Museum

Postby Yi-P on Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:24 pm

DanielA wrote:You really have to wonder though about an under 10 year old using a D2x and 300mm f/2.8... :shock:

This is now very interesting toy that dad buys to them... me screams: "Dad, where is my toy??" :lol:

There were a couple of typos I noticed on the plaques. One I liked was the Nikon 12-24mm f/1.4 lens. Anyone know where to get one of those :?:

Daniel

It should mean 12-24 f 1:4 that is f/4 I believe.

They did have a 28mm f/1.4, its a gem to have, but very expensive to get.
Yi-P

Re: Photo exhibition at SA Museum

Postby DanielA on Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:08 pm

Yi-P wrote:
DanielA wrote:You really have to wonder though about an under 10 year old using a D2x and 300mm f/2.8... :shock:

This is now very interesting toy that dad buys to them... me screams: "Dad, where is my toy??" :lol:

My thoughts as well. :D

Yi-P wrote:
DanielA wrote:There were a couple of typos I noticed on the plaques. One I liked was the Nikon 12-24mm f/1.4 lens. Anyone know where to get one of those :?:

It should mean 12-24 f 1:4 that is f/4 I believe.

Yep, there were other references that were correct. I knew what they meant. I wonder how many people actually read those details...

Daniel
Nikon D4, D2Xs, D70, Nikkors and Sigmas lenses from 10 to 400mm
www.DSAimages.com
DanielA

Return to Adelaide and Perth