ADELAIDIANS HELP NEEDED...

For the Westies. So to speak.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

ADELAIDIANS HELP NEEDED...

Postby rookie2 on Mon May 07, 2007 4:52 pm

As you may be aware my D70s and 17 -55 were stolen during my recent SE Asia trip :evil: :evil: leaving me without a body to go with my 70 -200VR (which I thankfully left at home) :D :D

Insurance claim is under way but footy season has now kicked off and we have a big club day in Brighton this Sunday for Mothers Day.

If any fellow generous Croweater had a spare basic DSLR body that they felt comfortable lending me for the day, both the club and I would be very appreciative. I'm happy to pay a hire fee/deposit/costs and to come and pick up.

We are hoping to get a range of pics from all our junior teams the teams to put on the new website..we have 8 junior teams and over 220 players so it will be a big day.

I can understand we only have a few members here in Adeladie and I havent been the most active attendee at meets for a variety of reasons so no hassles if nothing eventuates...

Alternatively, any suggestions for hiring a D70 or even D2H or similar?

Thanks for looking

cheers

Damian/rookie2
rookie2

Postby fozzie on Mon May 07, 2007 5:01 pm

Damian - You can borrow my D70. Just give me a call re collection time and place.

fozzie
fozzie
Key Member

Postby Ollie on Mon May 07, 2007 6:43 pm

Otherwise Twin City CameraHouse (the one on grenfell street) hire D70s's out and, I think D200's
Ollie

Postby rookie2 on Mon May 07, 2007 6:55 pm

Fantastic Fozzie - expect a call soon :D :D

thanks for the info Ollie - I'll give them a call to check their rates as I might do a trial run on a D200 during my insurance 'waiting' period.

Well done Croweaters - just another reason why this forum (and SA) is so good!!

cheers

Damian/rookie2 BTW is there any news out there about a possible D200s - its been over 15 months hasn't it!
rookie2

Postby team piggy on Fri May 11, 2007 10:46 pm

Rookie.

If Fozzie is a no go, I am located around Brighton and have a D70s I wont really need on mothers day (Point n shoot will suffice).

Let me know if you need help.
team piggy

Postby rookie2 on Sat May 12, 2007 12:59 am

thanks for the generous offer Team Piggy..nice to have another seasider on board.:D :D

Fozzie has come up trumps (again) and has kindly lent me his D70 so I can get some pics on Sunday.

I've just ordered a D200 from Poon (even tho I got screwed on the inusurance & didnt even get enough to cover the lens alone):evil:

Still I hope to be shooting again soon with my own gear :D

cheers

Damian/R2
rookie2

Return to Adelaide and Perth