Intro - Hey all!

For the Westies. So to speak.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Intro - Hey all!

Postby Occxlr8ed on Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:50 am

Heeeeey! Just a little intro, i'm a 2nd yr Mining Engineering student @ Adelaide uni, with a fascination for photography! Only really got into photography the past 6 months or so...haha. Here's a couple of my pics:

1. "Falling Soldiers" Taken at Radio City, in New York. Christmas Spectacular by the Rockettes.
2. This one made it to the Featured Gallery on RedBubble! I was stooooooked! =D Was shot in Denver, at the Garden of the Gods.
3. This one was shot in my room, on a piece of white cardboard, with a paintbrush and a torch! f/10, 5 seconds, iso100, if i remember correctly...
4. Stanten Island, The place where you take a ferry to see the Statue of Liberty.

Cheers! CnC welcome hahaha....

Also, would be great to see you all at the Clipsal and Fringe, i'll be there :wink:
Last edited by Occxlr8ed on Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.redbubble.com/people/occxlr8ed

Canon 400d + Grip - Sigma 10-20mm, Sigma 24-70/2.8, Sigma 70-200mm/2.9, Canon 50mm/1.8, Canon 550ex, Sunpak 433D + Poverty Wizards
Occxlr8ed

Re: Intro - Hey all!

Postby gstark on Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:38 am

Hi Jonathan, and welcome.

Some striking images here; well done, and thanx for sharing.

Please take a few moments to read the message for new members that appears at the top of our portal page: it's there for a very good reason, and I strongly suggest that you pay it due attention. It gives you some great advice that will help make this one of your favourite places on the web.

Included in this advice you will find details about the maximum number of images that you may include in your posts, and it also tells you that you need to have a meaningful location entered in your profile.

Cheerz.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Occxlr8ed on Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:43 am

Hey, my Sony! Will edit =)
http://www.redbubble.com/people/occxlr8ed

Canon 400d + Grip - Sigma 10-20mm, Sigma 24-70/2.8, Sigma 70-200mm/2.9, Canon 50mm/1.8, Canon 550ex, Sunpak 433D + Poverty Wizards
Occxlr8ed

Postby colin_12 on Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:01 am

These are interesting pics Jonnathan. I particularly like the park shot.
Welcome, keep them comming.
Regards Colin
Regards Colin
Cameras, lenses and a lust for life
colin_12

Postby gstark on Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:10 am

Occxlr8ed wrote:Hey, my Sony! Will edit =)

Thank you for almost fixing this so quickly... however .... did you overlook this bit? :)

Front Page wrote:Please note that is is a requirement here that you have a valid location included in your profile. For people in Australia, this means something like 'Suburb, City' or 'Suburb, State' (Bondi, NSW or Carlton, Melbourne). This is not negotiable: it is a condition of membership. If you live in a downtown area, please use something like 'CBD Sydney'. A captial city name, on its own, is not acceptable

It does help us to help you more easily. :)
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Reschsmooth on Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:54 am

Occxlr8ed wrote:...my Sony...

You're bad what? :twisted: :twisted: Sorry, but it is one phrase (of many) that always irks me.

But seriously, welcome and I must say you have posted some excellent images. Very different subjects and processing, all well done.

Cheers
Regards, Patrick

Two or three lights, any lens on a light-tight box are sufficient for the realisation of the most convincing image. Man Ray 1935.
Our mug is smug
Reschsmooth

Return to Adelaide and Perth