Thought I'd Say Howdy

For the Westies. So to speak.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Thought I'd Say Howdy

Postby hoffy on Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:49 am

Howdy all,

My Name is Hoffy. Some of you may have seen me around online in other places (I run http://www.catchfencephotos.com - motorsport photography forums), but funnily enough, I only found this place for the first time tonight!

My main interest is (obviously) Motor Sport Photography (but I hardly get a chance to indulge), but I am a keen amateur. I am a proud Sony A100 owner (about the only one?), & a Former Minolta Film shooter.

Just a quick sample from my last year in review (not all motorsport!)

hoffy

Re: Thought I'd Say Howdy

Postby Big V on Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:57 am

Welcome and I see that you have TassieD as a member of your forum..
Canon
Big V

Postby hoffy on Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:02 am

Thanks Big V.

Yep, David has been a member since about the beginning (March last year, on my old board). Even got to meet him in October!

Oh, I hope I haven't broken any rules by posting that link! I am non commercial!

Looks like a thriving community here!
hoffy

Postby shteeve5150 on Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:59 am

Hi Hoffy

I am a fellow newbie to this site. I really like the light and colours on the first 2 images. My partner and I have just had our first child and I have been snapping shots all the time of him. Not quite up to the quality of the first listed shot of yours though. Has this been enhanced using software?
regards
steve
shteeve5150

Postby hoffy on Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:32 am

The first shot has had some post processing done....it was desaturated to a degree & some work done on the eye's.

Most of my images have at least a small degree of post processing done to them. Generally its done during RAW conversion as well as some levels
hoffy

Postby Big V on Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:21 am

Yes we have met Dave a few times and had a laugh and shared gear, will you be joining us at clipsal next saturday?
Canon
Big V

Postby gstark on Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:45 am

Hi, and welcome.

hoffy wrote:Oh, I hope I haven't broken any rules by posting that link! I am non commercial!

If by "posting that link" you're referring to the inclusion of a link in your signature, that is fine, but it shouldn't be bold, and it also shouldn't be of a larger size. We're of the opinion here that one's signature should be an adjunct to your message, but shouldn't subvert it. Thus no images, and nothing that makes it stand out too much. I've altered your's accordingly.

Looks like a thriving community here!

Still growing after all these years. :)

Oh yes, one other minor point. As a general guide, please try to keep the number of images in any one post or thread to no more than four. No need to take any action on this one, but please just keep this in mind for the future.

Thanx.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Marvin on Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:49 am

Hi and welcome to the forum. I really like the first two (being not much of a motor sport girl myself!).
Nikon D7000
Marvin

Postby hoffy on Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:19 am

Big V wrote:Yes we have met Dave a few times and had a laugh and shared gear, will you be joining us at clipsal next saturday?

Not sure. I tend to do this kind of thing Thursday/Friday.....Saturday & Sunday, the crowds are too big & I tend to like to stay in my seat.

Cheers
hoffy

Postby Raskill on Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:21 pm

Hoffy, welcome aboard, the more motorsports shooter the better! Nice to see you found the place. You've got a few members crossing between your and this site. Myself, TassieD, Kyle, Jeff & Nafe off the top of my head.

Nice images by the way. Love the one of your kid.

:)
2x D700, 2x D2h, lenses, speedlights, studio, pelican cases, tripods, monopods, patridges, pear trees etc etc

http://www.awbphotos.com.au
Raskill

Postby colin_12 on Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:34 pm

Welcome aboard. Seems like you have plenty of friends here already.
I like the shot of the youngun.
Regards Colin
Regards Colin
Cameras, lenses and a lust for life
colin_12

Postby hoffy on Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:33 pm

thanks for the comments guys!!

I am in a bit of a low spot at the moment, photography wise (hoping to pick up on the weekend though!!). Been trying to get my new website up & running.

But, when I get back on the horse (so to speak), I'll make sure I post some work for comment

Cheers
hoffy

Return to Adelaide and Perth