29 June Adelaide Hills Tarmac Sprint Free Admission

For the Westies. So to speak.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

29 June Adelaide Hills Tarmac Sprint Free Admission

Postby DebT on Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:16 am

Hi,
Rally Championship Round 3 may be of interest .. Sunday 29th free admission to Spectator points at Penny Hills Winery, Willunga Hill, Wickhams Hill & Hindmarsh Tiers
I work with one of the organisers who tells me there are some interesting cars racing including a couple of Lamborginis (cant spell what i cant afford) and a street racing Porche (1 of 7 made world wide)..
the guys at work were going ohh and ahh (but over my head).
Sounds like a great photo opportunity as cars pass the same points several times particularily around Penny's Hill

more info at asprally.com

Rgds DebT
DebT
"so many dreams - so little time "
DebT

Re: 29 June Adelaide Hills Tarmac Sprint Free Admission

Postby Doctor on Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:47 am

Wish i didnt work weekends, would have loved to headed to that, missed a competition at the eagle on the hill downhill park cos i had to work too..... gotta stop working weekends.....
Life is all about ass, you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or behaving like one
Doctor

Postby Aussqueezer on Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:32 pm

One of the competitors works with me so told me about the event. Woke up nice and early for the Willunga Hill stage.

Got a selection of photos I took here

http://www.craftypics.com/gallery/5282414_5PTQH

Weather was absolutely disgusting with blowy cold frequent light rain so damn hard to take photos whilst holding an umbrella, but I managed to get some decent shots.
I was very happy with most of my panning shots ( start mid way through the gallery )

I'm going to have to make sure I mark it in my calendar for next year
Aussqueezer

Postby team piggy on Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:50 am

It was a great event. We had media creds and were allowed to access stages just before the 00 car, driving the stages at speed certainly proved that it was "bloody" slippery!! The Off on the final stage by one Evo Lancer resulting in a multiple roll and a total write off of the car proved this even more.

Sadly the Lamborghini pulled out after 2nd stage after wacking a gutter somewhere, but provided some spectacular sights up until then.

Grigoul in the Ferrari made it thru the whole day with some serious sideways action.

More slipperiness on Hindmarsh Tiers:
Matt Selley at the start of a huge Tank Slapper that went for about 150 mtrs.
D3 | D700 | D300 x 2 | D200 X 2| D70s| 300 2.8VR| 70-200, 2.8VR| 28-70, 2.8|24-70 2.8 | 14-24 2.8 | 50-500| 50, 1.4| 18-200VR| 10.5 Fishy | Batt Grips| SB800 x2 | SB900 |Pocketwizards | Manfrotto's blah blah.
team piggy

Return to Adelaide and Perth