Camera service in Adelaide

For the Westies. So to speak.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Camera service in Adelaide

Postby woodland on Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:30 pm

Hi, I'm looking for camera service in Adelaide. I would like to clean camera sensor there. Anyone could recommend me good and reliable place to do that? Thank you in advance. regards, woodland
woodland

Re: Camera service in Adelaide

Postby BBJ on Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:06 pm

Woodland, There is a Nikon tech man there at Level 1,init 2 163 Halifax street. Hajima and does not speak English very well but he can clean your sensor. I have had him do mine only because when i bought my camera we got a free clean, other than that it is cheaper to buy the cleaning gear from Stu at http://www.qualitycamera.com.au/ .

Stu has all the gear to do sensors and once done you will never look back and it is not hard to do and will save you $100's of bucks as i think the shop charges over $70 to do a 2 minute job and for around $65 you can do it lots of times. We as in most here who have dealt with Stu even though he is a Canon supplier supplies the copper Hill sensors kits etc for Nikon as well is top bloke.

Cheers
John
BBJ
D3,D2x,D70,18-70 kit lens,Sigma 70-200mm F2.8EX HSM,Nikon AF-I 300m F2.8, TC20E 2X
80-400VR,SB800,Vosonic X Drive,VP6210 40
http://www.oz-images.com
BBJ

Postby Doctor on Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:50 pm

On the topic of camera servicing and maintenance, how often should i have my DSLR cleaned etc?

Its currently sitting on about 8,000 photos, im not sure how many times the shutter has been actuated etc, but was thinking about it the other day, whats the general rule of thumb etc for maintaining a Canon DSLR??

For a Canon 400d in Adelaide who would be the suggested person to take it to?? i will look into doing it myself at some point in the future, but currently would prefer to have it done by a pro

......Thanks Guys.......

Doc
Life is all about ass, you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or behaving like one
Doctor

Postby fozzie on Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:30 am

Doc - read your Canon 400D manual of how to do it. Then purchase this cleaning kit (designed for Canon 400D) from the Quality Camera in WA ($64.99 + Shipping), then 'DIY':

http://www.qualitycamera.com.au/product ... ts_id=1351

Here is Copperhill Images Tutorial of how the clean a sensor:

http://www.copperhillimages.com/index.php?pr=Tutorials

Putting it into a Retailer or Canon will cost you somewhere between $75-90 and loss of DSLR for between 7-10 days. The above procedure should take less than 10 minutes the first time, and thereafter 5 minutes.

Doctor wrote:On the topic of camera servicing and maintenance, how often should i have my DSLR cleaned etc?

Its currently sitting on about 8,000 photos, im not sure how many times the shutter has been actuated etc, but was thinking about it the other day, whats the general rule of thumb etc for maintaining a Canon DSLR??

For a Canon 400d in Adelaide who would be the suggested person to take it to?? i will look into doing it myself at some point in the future, but currently would prefer to have it done by a pro

......Thanks Guys.......

Doc

fozzie
fozzie
Key Member

Return to Adelaide and Perth