Interest free Camera gear in Adelaide

For the Westies. So to speak.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Interest free Camera gear in Adelaide

Postby Doctor on Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:21 pm

Ok, so im looking at a new camera body, and prob a new lens, canon gear, but being a uni Bum with an expensive hobby i need someone who can do it on interest free

I know Harvey Norman do GE interest free, but who else does, or does interest free in general? Doesnt have to be GE, just someone im not going to get ass raped though......

I wont go near Diamonds, well, mainly the store in Rundle street, im not sure if they have anymore

Theres the Photographic Wholesalers store in hutt street, but i dont think they do interest free, Any other suggestions for camera gear in SA? Or even online that i could get interest free through

Cheers

Chris
Life is all about ass, you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or behaving like one
Doctor

Re: Interest free Camera gear in Adelaide

Postby tommyg on Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:25 pm

I've just been through the same questions in buying a new camera, so here's the things I found out;

You can go to Harvey Norman - and they 'promise' to beat any price you get on cameras elsewhere, but they won't then do it on interest free - at least that was what I found. Also, they don't know much about cameras at all! Just simple salespeople

Photographic Wholesalers is actually also Diamond Photographics - they bought them a couple of years back. So, you get pretty well the same pricing and terms at both.

Depending on the camera - you can go to Myer or David Jones, and then put it on a Myer/David Jones card - which if you ask they will give 12 months interest free to pay for it. With Myer at least you don't even need to pay til just before the end of the 12 months. But they don't have a huge range to choose from. They will price match though.

Best price I found on my Camera (D700 and D90 for the partner) ended up being Teds in Rundle Street - which surprised me.

That's my 2 cents worth anyway

Cheers
Tom
Tom
Red Bubble
TLC Photography
Nikon D810, D700, D90 (IR)
tommyg

Postby Big V on Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:33 pm

Chris not sure how you are going to go with this. The stores they may offer interest free are not going to have a 1DMk111 or are you going for a 50D? Pity you did not jump a few weeks back you would have saved a bundle. At the moment, Photographic wholesalers are bending over backwards to help us in SA - you saw the deal they gave me on all of my new equipment and the fact that they are organising the Monarto day for the shooters . Is a student loan an option? would give you more purchasing power. I will give you a contact person to deal directly with to help you out at Photographic Wholesalers. RCK this sat, you going?
Canon
Big V

Postby Doctor on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:14 pm

Hey Tony,

I know, i should have done this a few weeks ago, but you know how things are, impulse buying a new TV to double as a computer screen instead of a lens, why? i dont know!

Just going 50d at this stage, cant afford a 1dMkIII yet, if i could i would, also looking at a new lens, something universal, Nightclub work, and automotive, not sure what im doing on that front, still researching, i havnt got a lens worthy of being on the front of a 1dMkIII at this stage, and i dont think i could do both in one hit. Ive been offered a 1dMKIII at about 4k second hand, also been offered a 5d second hand at a good price pending the delivery of the new MkII

Ive been into Photographic Wholesalers a few times since we discussed it, but am yet to make a substantial purchase there. Im really just sussing the scene, but if a good deal comes up, ill probably buy

RCK saturday, not sure, may swing through a stop at some point after work, will see what everyone else is doing, but not really my scene, too many morons, although the last one i was on, i saw ONE burnout, surprising really..... How about extreme horsepower over the weekend, might drop through and see Trav and a few of the other lads, not sure yet. Might also come along to this zoo meet friday, link me to some details if you could, i havnt looked heaps hard but didnt see anything about it, but saw it come up in another thread.

Cheers

Chris
Life is all about ass, you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or behaving like one
Doctor

Postby Big V on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:17 pm

Zoo has halloween night friday so it will be open till 8.30. I am meeting Cath and Tom at 6 at the lions but I will be there from around 4.30. Fozzie is getting there at 5.30. Bring the 100-400 along..
Canon
Big V

Postby Doctor on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:30 pm

Easy as mate, 100-400 will be there, will throw some shots from motoGP onto my PSP so you can have a squiz as well, you might see me wandering around from around 4.30 too, depends what time i get up Friday :mrgreen: If you dont see me, ill meet ya at the lions!

Cheers mate
Doctor

Return to Adelaide and Perth