Perth location suggestions

For the Westies. So to speak.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Perth location suggestions

Postby tommyg on Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:11 pm

I'm in Perth, staying down at Fremantle, for the next few days and thought I might try and find some interesting photo opportunities whilst here.

Any suggestions for early morning or late afternoon/evening?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated

Cheers
Tom
Tom
Red Bubble
TLC Photography
Nikon D810, D700, D90 (IR)
tommyg

Re: Perth location suggestions

Postby Chica on Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:15 pm

Hello :-)
Down at Freo somewhere theres a marina and it is lined with fish and chip type places... I got some nice photos when I was there (9 years ago...)

Talk to you later! :-)
Chica

Postby fozzie on Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:23 pm

Tom - have a look at this website:

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-2 ... gs_to_do-i

fozzie
fozzie
Key Member

Postby muzz on Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:14 pm

You may find some ideas here: here.

If you're mobile and can head a little further south, there are some good opportunities and a nice coffee in Rockingham or Mandurah (search for "Mandurah").

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Muzz.
Canon 7D | Canon 350D | G5 | S95 | 24-70mm f2.8L | 50mm f1.8 II | 70-200mm f2.8L USM | 430EX II | Strobist gear
muzz

Postby jammy2 on Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:22 am

I'll stick to freo suggestions first to get you started.
If you're interested in architecture, try the fremantle maritime museum and adjoining decomissioned sub. Round the corner of the fremantle port authority building are some artists abode which leads to The Round house (old fort with daily? shooting of cannon (formerly of the freo dockers) and "dropping of ball" to signal time for ships (good for an elevated view of Freo). Below is a tunnel entrance that leads to a beach. Both places are close to each other.
The freo prison is good for a visit at night, supposedly haunted as is the Fremantle arts centre if legend is true (formerly the Fremantle Lunatic Asylum).
If you're into contemporary art, the Moores Building Contemporary Art Gallery is also in freo.
All are not must-see suggestions so take your pick. Freo is also a good starting point if you decided to take the ferry to Rottnest island.

p.s: There're also opened that wheel contraption in Perth which seems to be spawning throughout the globe (London, Singapore, Malaysia, Melbourne at last count)=)

cheers,
Ken
jammy2

Return to Adelaide and Perth