Idea for a meet?

For the sombrero wearing DSLR users

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Idea for a meet?

Postby bigsarg7 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:15 pm

Hello everyone,

I've had my parents suggest i go and photograph some old cars, but in all honesty its not something i am familiar with, so i got to thinking that maybe if i can arrange a few old cars (eg 1920's or 30's era) and try arrange an opportunity to photograph them, even if someone knows how to do some special lighting etc we can all learn something and have some fun at trying something new? As my profile suggests i am in the goulburn valley region, if anyone is interested or can suggest something let me know.

It would be great to so something and meet a few other folk, as its hard to often get to melbourne and attend some of the Get togethers that have been held. so yeah, cant wait to hear what everyone thinks!

kristen
2 x Fuji xt1,vg-xt1 grip, Fujinon xf 18-55mm 2.8-4, Fujinon xf 14mm, Fujinon 56mm 1.2.
bigsarg7

Re: Idea for a meet?

Postby biggerry on Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:26 pm

Great idea imo, if you can get hold of a few old cars and their owners for a sunset/evening shoot it would be a great night out. I am sure you can entice car owners with the promise of some images of their beloved toys.

I reckon there quite a number of options from lightpainting to on the road shots for this kinda of thing. I wish I was close to the Goulburn valley now...

Check out the one from last year in sydney (one car only tho)
http://www.dslrusers.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=37005
http://www.dslrusers.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=37207
gerry's photography journey
No amount of processing will fix bad composition - trust me i have tried.
biggerry

Postby bigsarg7 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:09 pm

shucks, that mustang came out nice!! lol wish i was there for that one!!

Yeah i can line up a number of different cars if need be, its just a matter of finding that perfect location which i am unsure of the best style location.

I definately want to do it, i would love for some folk who know what they are doing so that i can learn the techniques best suted for shooting vehicles.

Would love to know how many others are interested as i'd love to get going organising the shoot. But most importantly someone who knows what they're doing etc. Already have a few cars interested in being photographed. So as soon as i know its worth while organising i can arrange it.

Oooo i am getting excited now!! :)
2 x Fuji xt1,vg-xt1 grip, Fujinon xf 18-55mm 2.8-4, Fujinon xf 14mm, Fujinon 56mm 1.2.
bigsarg7

Postby Mr Darcy on Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:56 pm

Sounds like a great idea, but I am a long way away.
What's the accomodation like down that way?
Greg
It's easy to be good... when there is nothing else to do
Mr Darcy

Postby bigsarg7 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:35 pm

Sounds like a great idea, but I am a long way away.
What's the accomodation like down that way?

Accomodation is great around here, numerous great places to stay. I'd offer my house but my little 3 bed house with 1 living room and 3 kids gets pretty small!! lol But yeah plenty of spots to stay can give a list with ph numbers if need be. There are some great spots around too, great little towns echuca, beechworth, bendigo etc. So plenty of other spots to go explore and photograph, so you might be able to make it a nice week or weekend away!

If ppl are genuinely interested i can arrange a bbq etc so that we can eat and enjoy some good models that don't blink or move at the wrong time!
bigsarg7

Postby biggerry on Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:46 pm

enjoy some good models that don't blink or move at the wrong time!

garden gnomes don't count :rotfl2: ok ok shoot me now...
gerry's photography journey
No amount of processing will fix bad composition - trust me i have tried.
biggerry

Postby bigsarg7 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:06 pm

lol, good one biggery good one!!

Actually i was gnomed a month or so ago, as were some of my neighbours, when we all went outside we had gnomes looking at us on our doorsteps! kinda freaky coz their eyes tend to follow you where ever you go! never did find out who did that! .... not that, that story has anything to do with the meet idea!! lol
bigsarg7

Return to Melbourne