Drifting QLD Raceway on sunday gone.

Got a thin skin? Then look elsewhere. Post a link to an image that you've made, and invite others to offer their critiques. Honesty is encouraged, but please be positive in your constructive criticism. Flaming and just plain nastiness will not be tolerated. Please note that this is not an area for you to showcase your images, nor is this a place for you to show-off where you have been. This is an area for you to post images so that you may share with us a technique that you have mastered, or are trying to master. Typically, no more than about four images should be posted in any one post or thread, and the maximum size of any side of any image should not exceed 950 px.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please note that image critiquing is a matter of give and take: if you post images for critique, and you then expect to receive criticism, then it is also reasonable, fair and appropriate that, in return, you post your critique of the images of other members here as a matter of courtesy. So please do offer your critique of the images of others; your opinion is important, and will help everyone here enjoy their visit to far greater extent.

Also please note that, unless you state something to the contrary, other members might attempt to repost your image with their own post processing applied. We see this as an acceptable form of critique, but should you prefer that others not modify your work, this is perfectly ok, and you should state this, either within your post, or within your signature.

Images posted here should conform with the general forum guidelines. Image sizes should not exceed 950 pixels along the largest side (height or width) and typically no more than four images per post or thread.

Please also ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Drifting QLD Raceway on sunday gone.

Postby lkgrainger on Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:00 pm

Hi all. just a link to a few pics taken at a drift meet, Queensland raceway Got very trigger happy but loved the day out.
What do you think? Its a link because the site doesnt let me direct link, Sorry.

http://www.lkgrainger.fotopic.net/c373225.html
lkgrainger

Postby Onyx on Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:05 pm

Nice captures. What lens? Tip: get closer. Somehow I think we still missed out on the full atmosphere without motion video. Drifting can't be adequately conveyed with mere still images. ;)
Onyx

Postby bago100 on Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:13 pm

Leigh

Thanks for posting your images for us to see and share.

I agree with Onyx. Maybe you can crop closer using PS?

If there was a Citroen there, that would be similar to my wife leaving Mt. Ommaney shopping Centre on a Saturday morning :D

Cheers

Graham
bago100

lense,closer

Postby lkgrainger on Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:19 pm

lense is a 70-300G standard issue most at 300mm they wont let me into the middle of the track because i dont shoot for anyone. Most pics I thought filled the frame, with out cutting them in half..LoL
Thanks for looking.
lkgrainger

Re: Drifting QLD Raceway on sunday gone.

Postby sirhc55 on Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:29 pm

lkgrainger wrote:Hi all. just a link to a few pics taken at a drift meet, Queensland raceway Got very trigger happy but loved the day out.
What do you think? Its a link because the site doesnt let me direct link, Sorry.

http://www.lkgrainger.fotopic.net/c373225.html

Hello again - if you go to edit collection and then go to the pic you want to link you will see three tool bar access points: Properties - Images - Tools.

Hit images button and your pics will appear with three boxes - Filename - Desc: - Tools.

Under this you will see three more: Edit - User Comments - Buy Prints.

If you hit the edit button you will have a new window open and in one of the boxes it will say Link URL: This is the link you need.

When posting on this forum click the Img button then copy and paste the Link URL and then hit the img button again - et voila

Cheers

Chris
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

i'll give it a go

Postby lkgrainger on Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:34 pm

i'll try that. thanks
lkgrainger

cant get it to work here, but works on the other site ok.

Postby lkgrainger on Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:48 pm

cant get it to work here, but works on the other site ok.
lkgrainger

Postby redline on Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:37 pm

lkgrainger, a couple of ok pics.
however you should try to isolate your subject from the distracting bg when possible. i.e blur it, shooting from high about, etc.
try to add some motion in the wheels, sometimes it hard to tell whether the car is parked and doing a burnout or a powerdrift from a corner.

but you did a good job with using the 70-300.
Life's pretty straight without drifting
http://www.puredrift.com
redline

some were just sitting

Postby lkgrainger on Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:26 pm

some were just sitting and smoking'em.
lkgrainger

Return to Image Reviews and Critiques