Fairness in sport

Got a thin skin? Then look elsewhere. Post a link to an image that you've made, and invite others to offer their critiques. Honesty is encouraged, but please be positive in your constructive criticism. Flaming and just plain nastiness will not be tolerated. Please note that this is not an area for you to showcase your images, nor is this a place for you to show-off where you have been. This is an area for you to post images so that you may share with us a technique that you have mastered, or are trying to master. Typically, no more than about four images should be posted in any one post or thread, and the maximum size of any side of any image should not exceed 950 px.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please note that image critiquing is a matter of give and take: if you post images for critique, and you then expect to receive criticism, then it is also reasonable, fair and appropriate that, in return, you post your critique of the images of other members here as a matter of courtesy. So please do offer your critique of the images of others; your opinion is important, and will help everyone here enjoy their visit to far greater extent.

Also please note that, unless you state something to the contrary, other members might attempt to repost your image with their own post processing applied. We see this as an acceptable form of critique, but should you prefer that others not modify your work, this is perfectly ok, and you should state this, either within your post, or within your signature.

Images posted here should conform with the general forum guidelines. Image sizes should not exceed 950 pixels along the largest side (height or width) and typically no more than four images per post or thread.

Please also ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Fairness in sport

Postby terminaltackle on Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:45 pm

Having been on a self imposed internet restriction for a couple of months, I have been busy trying to get other aspects of my life together. I was asked by afriend to do some photos of his junior afl team and this shot sort struck a cord with the age verse physical development side of grading players, CC is more than welcome.

Brett

More fishing, more sport, more photo's Pentax 1stds
terminaltackle

Postby Oz_Beachside on Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:03 pm

I like this pic, a perfect example of real situations.

This smaller boy will grow in years if he can concour the bigger one. Its a simple primative world sometime, and Darwin has it well summised. I think it is wrong for parents to step in and complain that this is not a fair match up, in my opinion, this creates weaknesses and self doubt in the little fella.

Having been a football coach at national and international competitions, taught players to face adversity, this pic summarises that well!

Fairness does not come from an outspoken parent, but from the respect earned by the little fellas dedication.

Nice pic too!!
Last edited by Oz_Beachside on Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oz_Beachside

Postby norbs on Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:06 pm

I cant see the fairness :lol:
norbs

Postby losfp on Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:19 pm

Nice capture :)

You see this in kids sport all the time, but they always give it a go, don't they? One of the early junior games at the netball last friday (Swifts v Darters) had a team that was probably 8 year olds vs one that was probably 7 year olds. Only a year, but a big big difference at that age. It was ten-nil or something, but all the kids looked rapt that they were playing on the "big court"
losfp

Postby gstark on Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:59 pm

Brett,

A truly delightful capture. Opposites/contrasts in many ways. Well spotted, and well captured.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby ozczecho on Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:54 am

Great take. The height difference is one thing, but what about the posture difference. Love it.
ozczecho

Postby Alpha_7 on Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:43 am

A entertaining insight, the shot works really well and tells it's own story.
Alpha_7

Postby terminaltackle on Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:39 pm

Oz_Beachside wrote:I like this pic, a perfect example of real situations.

This smaller boy will grow in years if he can concour the bigger one. Its a simple primative world sometime, and Darwin has it well summised. I think it is wrong for parents to step in and complain that this is not a fair match up, in my opinion, this creates weaknesses and self doubt in the little fella.

Having been a football coach at national and international competitions, taught players to face adversity, this pic summarises that well!

Fairness does not come from an outspoken parent, but from the respect earned by the little fellas dedication.

Nice pic too!!

Well said, and thank you for the comments. I thought it was one of those shots I had to take. And the young fella in the blue did get his fair share of the ball in this match up. Again thank you to all who commented..

Brett :wink:
More fishing, more sport, more photo's Pentax 1stds
terminaltackle

Return to Image Reviews and Critiques