Abstract Commodore

Got a thin skin? Then look elsewhere. Post a link to an image that you've made, and invite others to offer their critiques. Honesty is encouraged, but please be positive in your constructive criticism. Flaming and just plain nastiness will not be tolerated. Please note that this is not an area for you to showcase your images, nor is this a place for you to show-off where you have been. This is an area for you to post images so that you may share with us a technique that you have mastered, or are trying to master. Typically, no more than about four images should be posted in any one post or thread, and the maximum size of any side of any image should not exceed 950 px.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please note that image critiquing is a matter of give and take: if you post images for critique, and you then expect to receive criticism, then it is also reasonable, fair and appropriate that, in return, you post your critique of the images of other members here as a matter of courtesy. So please do offer your critique of the images of others; your opinion is important, and will help everyone here enjoy their visit to far greater extent.

Also please note that, unless you state something to the contrary, other members might attempt to repost your image with their own post processing applied. We see this as an acceptable form of critique, but should you prefer that others not modify your work, this is perfectly ok, and you should state this, either within your post, or within your signature.

Images posted here should conform with the general forum guidelines. Image sizes should not exceed 950 pixels along the largest side (height or width) and typically no more than four images per post or thread.

Please also ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Abstract Commodore

Postby photomarcs on Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:27 pm

Hey ya'll !

My birthday jsut past so I got myself a new macbook pro and an ipad :D

after which.. I experimented with an abstract lightpainting idea... only to be thrown out of the carpark by coppers !! let me know what you think of the tones specifically..... but overall i think it looks pretty rad. :D

I'm looking forward to the thoughts of mr. adam lee. haha

Canon | Sony | Panasonic | Tamron | Sigma
My photography is still developing.
Don't be so negative!
http://www.photomarcs.com
photomarcs

Re: Abstract Commodore

Postby photomarcs on Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:28 pm

btw, it's a cop car on the RHS, they came just as I finished this shot. HAHA
Don't be so negative!
photomarcs

Postby bigsarg7 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:40 pm

nice, i love the front, i find the green on the side of the car a bit overpowering, but hey i still like it a lot! and why did the cops kick you out of the car park? was it your car or a mates? not like u were gonna steal it...... like there's not enough idiots out there breaking the law, why stop and move u on? ridiculous, would have loved to have seen more! :lol:

I too cant wait to see what adam says!
2 x Fuji xt1,vg-xt1 grip, Fujinon xf 18-55mm 2.8-4, Fujinon xf 14mm, Fujinon 56mm 1.2.
bigsarg7

Postby Wink on Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:50 pm

:lol:

I quite like how you've outlined the car, it's worked well around the bonnet and roof. I think the front and side need more detail.
Is the car painted green? I'm a little confused by the colour on the LHF, so I'm wondering if it's had a custom paint job.

Is the image as shot or is the effect done in post?

I see you met the thorn in the car light painters side... The orange street lights. The buggers are everywhere!
Adam.
MY PHOTOS
Allows Image Editing
Wink

Postby aim54x on Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:31 pm

Looking good there Marcus! Shame about the fuzz!
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Postby wendellt on Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:48 pm

your kickn' sweet ass man
just remember your my protoge
Wendell Levi Teodoro
My Agents
Press - Getty Images
Creative Rep - T.I.D. FashionID, DBP Productions & The Nest Agency
My Book - Zeduce
wendellt
Outstanding Member of the year (Don't try this at home.)

Postby photomarcs on Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:49 pm

wendellt wrote:your kickn' sweet ass man
just remember your my protoge

thanks Wendell, of course! :D

aim54x wrote:Looking good there Marcus! Shame about the fuzz!

Haha please elaborate :D

Wink wrote::lol:

I quite like how you've outlined the car, it's worked well around the bonnet and roof. I think the front and side need more detail.
Is the car painted green? I'm a little confused by the colour on the LHF, so I'm wondering if it's had a custom paint job.

Is the image as shot or is the effect done in post?

I see you met the thorn in the car light painters side... The orange street lights. The buggers are everywhere!

I knew this would get your attention haha thanks alot for your critique, much appreciated.

It is a custom paint job, I think it was labelled as a combination of a green metallic with gold flakes, sunburst orange and a burgundy tone with a glossy coat. It's a seriously cool commodore.. makes me turn from ricers to aus muscle haha!

The orange lights on the left is a street light afar, the ones on the left are caused by a cop car coming just as I was finishing this shot, you can see a red light blip in the image from when they started the red blue flashy.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with it considering it's had barely any post production/ photoshop work on it. I only have Lightroom to work with on my Mac so far so I was restricted haha thanks alot for the critique!

bigsarg7 wrote:nice, i love the front, i find the green on the side of the car a bit overpowering, but hey i still like it a lot! and why did the cops kick you out of the car park? was it your car or a mates? not like u were gonna steal it...... like there's not enough idiots out there breaking the law, why stop and move u on? ridiculous, would have loved to have seen more! :lol:

I too cant wait to see what adam says!

It was a road that is yet to be fixed and finalised, a new road realistically speaking. It's my mate's car... he's an accountant and loves his car toys haha I've got more but strobist stuff with my other mates rexy. Will post those up soon enough, had to share this one first :D
Don't be so negative!
photomarcs

Postby aim54x on Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:07 pm

photomarcs wrote:
aim54x wrote:Looking good there Marcus! Shame about the fuzz!

Haha please elaborate :D

The boys in blue...
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Postby surenj on Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:47 pm

How about cloning the green light out? (there is too much noise around it anyways)

To complete the picture I would be tempted to clone in another yellow light in the front.... :wink:

Nice technique btw. What lights did you use?
surenj

Postby paulmac on Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:17 am

Great image, Marcus. It looks almost like liquid at the front.
I'll have to give it a go on my 14 year old Calibra one day... all I need is an iPad to try it though!

I have to say though, you're not trying hard enough: http://fstoppers.com/jesse-rosten-uses-ipad-studio-lighting/
:up:
paulmac

Return to Image Reviews and Critiques