Morocco Rallye

Got a thin skin? Then look elsewhere. Post a link to an image that you've made, and invite others to offer their critiques. Honesty is encouraged, but please be positive in your constructive criticism. Flaming and just plain nastiness will not be tolerated. Please note that this is not an area for you to showcase your images, nor is this a place for you to show-off where you have been. This is an area for you to post images so that you may share with us a technique that you have mastered, or are trying to master. Typically, no more than about four images should be posted in any one post or thread, and the maximum size of any side of any image should not exceed 950 px.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please note that image critiquing is a matter of give and take: if you post images for critique, and you then expect to receive criticism, then it is also reasonable, fair and appropriate that, in return, you post your critique of the images of other members here as a matter of courtesy. So please do offer your critique of the images of others; your opinion is important, and will help everyone here enjoy their visit to far greater extent.

Also please note that, unless you state something to the contrary, other members might attempt to repost your image with their own post processing applied. We see this as an acceptable form of critique, but should you prefer that others not modify your work, this is perfectly ok, and you should state this, either within your post, or within your signature.

Images posted here should conform with the general forum guidelines. Image sizes should not exceed 950 pixels along the largest side (height or width) and typically no more than four images per post or thread.

Please also ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Morocco Rallye

Postby Sylvia on Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:00 pm

Back last week. Thought I'd put a couple of pics up.

Nikons.
Nikkor's.
Sylvia

Re: Morocco Rallye

Postby gstark on Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:58 am

The first is a great capture, and shows what these events are like.

Well done.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Alpha_7 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:43 am

Yeah the first one has the most impact given so much sand is flying.
The second one is good, but feels a bit static because of the fast shutter speed. That said panning a shot like that would be nigh impossible.
Have you got all the sand/dust out of everything ?
Alpha_7

Postby sirhc55 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:18 am

I agree that #1 is a standout shot. It is not easy to get a good shot such as this and I should know. In 1979 I was in the Simpsons Desert shooting 4WDs coming off sand dunes for a magazine. I actually lay at the base of the dune whilst the 4WD went over me - mad or just plain stupid, hard to say but I am still here :rotfl2:

Sadly the photos were destroyed by mildew (transparencies)
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

Postby zafra52 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:21 pm

I like your pictures, but the first is the best for me. But, the third deserves congratulations.
zafra52

Morocco Rallye

Postby chrisk on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:50 pm

That first shot is epic !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75 l AW1 l V3
chrisk

Postby ozimax on Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:34 pm

The first two are epic. Tremendously well captured. Sandproof body I assume?
President, A.A.A.A.A (Australian Association Against Acronym Abuse)
Canon EOS R6, RF 24-105 F4, RF 70-200 F4, RF 35mm F1.8, RF 16mm F2.8
"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8:32)
ozimax

Postby Sylvia on Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:36 pm

Thanks for the kind words.
The sand is not too bad actually when compared to the micro fine dust found in our backyard.
Heres a couple more.

The Moroccan sand dunes are epic..

Nikons.
Nikkor's.
Sylvia

Postby zafra52 on Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:14 pm

I almost missed the addendum (last four pictures) thinking I had already seen them and commented on them. I suggest next time you create a new post Morocco Rallye (2) so people like me don't miss them.
These last four are very good captures as far as composition and colour are concerned, but I love the first two best. Somehow, the first has that sand effect that is captivating; while the second is also very eye catching with that background.
zafra52

Postby Matt. K on Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:35 pm

First and fourth images are very saleable to 4X drive magazines as a cover. I'd send them out and test the market. :agree:
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Return to Image Reviews and Critiques