New to DSLR

Newer members often state that they think their question is too basic, or stupid, or whatever, to be posted. Nothing could be further further from the truth in any section at DSLRUsers.com, but especially here. Don't feel intimidated. The only stupid question is the one that remains unasked. We were all beginners at one stage, and even the most experienced amongst us will admit to learning new stuff on a daily basis. Ask away! Please also refer to the forum rules and the portal page

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

New to DSLR

Postby tangy1 on Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:36 am

Hi,
First time poster. I'm looking into my first dslr. I have decided on a canon 450d with the Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS as a standard lens. I am thinking about getting the Canon EF 28-135mm IS USM Lens as a extra lens. For a first extra lens purchase looking for a walk around to learn with. Any suggestions?
cheers kelvin
tangy1

Re: New to DSLR

Postby makario on Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:22 am

Hi Kelvin,

Welcome to the forum. In terms of the lenses for your first dslr, since you are already getting the 18-55, getting the 28-135 would be a large overlap in terms of focal length IMHO. What I have seen people tend to do is buy a 70-300 lens as then you would have a walk around lens (18-55) and a telephoto lens (70-300) albeit a gap between 55 to 70.

Cheers
Mak
Canonian
"The Reward is in the doing of it..!!" - Worlds Fastest Indian (2005)
http://www.redbubble.com/people/makro
makario

Return to Absolute Beginners Questions