wooden frames for prints?

Many of our members still have film cameras. And some even use them! This is for film junkies

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

wooden frames for prints?

Postby jdear on Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:47 am

Really didnt know where to stick this topic, so it ended up here :)

Im currently palying $35 for wooden 8x10" frames. They are good quality, but I want to buy them cheaper so I can sell prints with a higher profit margin.

Does anyone know of some good suppliers?

JD
jdear

Postby Nikkofan on Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:53 am

JD

If you don't mind going really cheap, but they're still OK quality, try the Reject Shops. They have pretty ghastly prints in pretty good frames, which you can keep after chucking out the prints. I know the Reject Shop in Roselands have heaps of them, in all sizes but definitely 8 x 10.

Otherwise, Coles & Woolworths also have them, although they sometimes stock the black ones more than the wooden ones, but if you hang out long enough, the wooden ones will come in eventually.

Good luck in your quest! :)
Nikkofan

Postby Paul on Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:11 pm

Does anyone know where I can buy driftwood/rustic/old timber frames from in Sydney?
I'm going to try the markets over the next few weeks, hopefully something will turn up.
Nikon F80D, FM2n
RRS BH-55, 055XPROB
Smugmug
Paul

Return to Film and Non-Digital Imaging