trusted and reliable online camera shop

Have your say on issues related to using a DSLR camera.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Postby uncle on Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:15 pm

hi,

is there any good suggestion on trusted and reliable online camera shop besides D-d photographics and t-dimension? Thanks.
uncle

Re: trusted and reliable online camera shop

Postby sirhc55 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:56 pm

From memory T-Dimension is O/S and d-d-photographics is located in North Sydney (and maybe other locations). I have bought from d-d and they are great.

You have to understand that both T-Dimensional and d-d sell grey products.
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

Postby chrisk on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:00 pm

Adorama, bhphotovideo, digitalrev...
We could play this game forever. Perhaps be more specific on what you want and what you don't want.
EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75 l AW1 l V3
chrisk

Postby CraigVTR on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:09 pm

DWI
Craig
Lifes journey is not to arrive at our grave in a well preserved body but, rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "Wow what a ride."
D70s, D300, 70-300ED, 18-70 Kit Lens, Nikkor 105 Micro. Manfrotto 190Prob Ball head. SB800 x 2.
CraigVTR

Postby Matt. K on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:05 pm

Car park Newtown pub, thursday night. Ask for gorilla. Cash only. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Postby harrymil on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:03 pm

I choose to object to the description of DWI as a 'trusted and reliable' online camera shop. My experience with DWI has been very poor.

I recently purchased a canon 18-135 lens and the product arrived bubble wrapped in a miscellaneous 'OLAY' hand cream box. My immediate perception of the lens was that it was either a refurbished, demo model or used product? After numerous requests for further clarification, my emails were ignored. I have purchased many products online before from other on-line camera dealers such as CitiWide, T-Dimension, HK BNS and others and I have never experience the lack of support and customer service that I have received from DWI. The amount of dissatisfied customers trying to get after sales service with DWI are all very well highlighted when you read through other online blogs. Most people who compliment them have not had the misfortune of having to go back to them after they stike a problem, however good luck if you do !

After my Sony experience with DWI, I would not recommend them to anyone. You just cannot be certain of the product that you are getting and their after sales service and support is atrocious.
harrymil

Postby CraigVTR on Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:11 pm

harrymil wrote:I choose to object to the description of DWI as a 'trusted and reliable' online camera shop. My experience with DWI has been very poor.

I recently purchased a canon 18-135 lens and the product arrived bubble wrapped in a miscellaneous 'OLAY' hand cream box. My immediate perception of the lens was that it was either a refurbished, demo model or used product? After numerous requests for further clarification, my emails were ignored. I have purchased many products online before from other on-line camera dealers such as CitiWide, T-Dimension, HK BNS and others and I have never experience the lack of support and customer service that I have received from DWI. The amount of dissatisfied customers trying to get after sales service with DWI are all very well highlighted when you read through other online blogs. Most people who compliment them have not had the misfortune of having to go back to them after they stike a problem, however good luck if you do !

After my Sony experience with DWI, I would not recommend them to anyone. You just cannot be certain of the product that you are getting and their after sales service and support is atrocious.

Hi Harry
In the last twelve months I have bought a Nikkor 70-200 2.8 (August 2012), an SB910 (December 2012) and as recently as last week a TC17E11 with a couple of CF cards as well. These were three separate purchases spaced out over the last twelve months and each item has arrived swiftly, is genuine in the correct packaging and have all worked well with no problems.

I have not had the need for after sales service so cannot comment on that aspect of their operation, but am more than happy with their sales and the product they have supplied.
Craig
Lifes journey is not to arrive at our grave in a well preserved body but, rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "Wow what a ride."
D70s, D300, 70-300ED, 18-70 Kit Lens, Nikkor 105 Micro. Manfrotto 190Prob Ball head. SB800 x 2.
CraigVTR

Postby chrisk on Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:47 pm

harrymil wrote:I choose to object to the description of DWI as a 'trusted and reliable' online camera shop. My experience with DWI has been very poor.

Was it a Sony experience or a canon experience ?

Anyway...I'd suggest you'd be hard pressed to find a single retailer, service or product on earth that doesn't have a bad review or someone hasn't had a bad experience with. Are you saying you bought a brand new lens and it was sent to you in an Olay hand cream box ? Wow. Never heard anything like it.
EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75 l AW1 l V3
chrisk

Postby aim54x on Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:37 am

Rooz wrote:Was it a Sony experience or a canon experience ?

Anyway...I'd suggest you'd be hard pressed to find a single retailer, service or product on earth that doesn't have a bad review or someone hasn't had a bad experience with. Are you saying you bought a brand new lens and it was sent to you in an Olay hand cream box ? Wow. Never heard anything like it.

could definitely have been a Sony experience, they have an 18-135 as well

http://store.sony.com/p/Sony-A-Mount-Zoom-Lens-18-135mm-f-3.5-5.6/en/p/SAL18135
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Return to General Discussion