Has it finally happened?

Have your say on issues related to using a DSLR camera.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Has it finally happened?

Postby Matt. K on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:38 pm

Has Sony become the king of the mountain in relation to building the very best digital camera? Are Nikon and Canon now trailing behind this bemoth of a company? Sony have been working hard, they have been innovative and their latest product is a tour de force and making the photographic community sit up and take notice.
Michael Reichmann of the Luminous Landscape makes the following comment...

The Sony A7RII runs a neck and neck image quality race with the big Pentax, and so calling a winner is almost impossible. But I will say, that the A7RII is the first full-frame 35mm format camera that can challenge current medium format in terms of both image quality and resolution. Factors such as higher frame rates, focus tracking, on-sensor phase detection AF and sensor-based image stabilization with any lens simply lean the equation in the Sony’s favour. But, it’s a tough call, and I’m happy to own and use both, as the need and mood arises.
Frankly, if I had to choose one over the other I’d go with the A7RII. And, keep in mind that the Pentax costs $8,500 while the Sony is $3,200 (bodies only). Yet, I’m hanging on to my 645z because it’s a camera system that I love to shoot with.

Check out the link...

https://luminous-landscape.com/sony-a7r ... on-report/
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Re: Has it finally happened?

Postby zafra52 on Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:39 pm

Thanks Matt, it's quite illuminating.
zafra52

Return to General Discussion