Forum Rules

Forum rules and nettiquette, along with other items of general interest.

Important information about this forum is contained here, and members MUST familiarise themselves with the posts here, as well as what is contained within the FAQ.

Please do not complain if you ask a question regarding a topic covered here or in the FAQ and in response you get a rather brusque, obtuse or sarcastic response. We get sick and tired of answering the same questions, day in, day out, when the answers are clearly published, in plain view, and all that is required is for you to open your eyes and read them!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Forum Rules

Postby gstark on Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:04 am

Advertising guidelines

Commercial advertising is basically not welcome here. This is a private system, and I prefer to ty to keep it that way.

If you believe that you have something special that you think might be of benefit to the users of this forum, please email me first giving me details of what you have in mind; I'll be more than happy to consider giving you permission to post where there is a demonstrable community benefit.

If you're a commercial entity and you are responding to a specific and genuine posting, then that's fine, you're welcome to respond to those sorts of posts with details of what you have, along with pricing info, plus contact details.

If you're a known member of the community here (30+ posts) and wish to offload some of your surplus personal gear, please use the For Sale section.

Cross Posting

Please try to avoid cross posting.

As a general rule, it should be adequate for you to post any particular message in in just the one area.

Virus Warning

Just a gentle reminder to everyone here to keep their anti-virus solutions up to date.

Email addresses

By far the biggest reason for your failure to get your confirmation email through which you need to validate your account here is because you have put in an invalid email address.

Please check your email address before you press the send button on the registration screen. It will save all of us a little anguish and work.

Flaming, bad language

Not permitted. It's that simple! We have a happy community here, and I intend to keep it that way.

By all means, engage in vigorous debate, but in so doing, keep your arguments in focus.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Return to Information