Doubles the CF card capacity??

Forum rules and nettiquette, along with other items of general interest.

Important information about this forum is contained here, and members MUST familiarise themselves with the posts here, as well as what is contained within the FAQ.

Please do not complain if you ask a question regarding a topic covered here or in the FAQ and in response you get a rather brusque, obtuse or sarcastic response. We get sick and tired of answering the same questions, day in, day out, when the answers are clearly published, in plain view, and all that is required is for you to open your eyes and read them!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Doubles the CF card capacity??

Postby marcus on Tue May 17, 2005 11:32 pm

OK, Iv'e just uploaded the stuff. It is late & I have had no chance to play around with it much. Love the new lcd, much better than that pink & grey thing we used to deal with. Yeah new beep (slightly), but whats with everyone saying the CF card has double capacity? Does it show up on your display? This may be a stupid/ignorant question but my capacity is the same as before??
I know nutzinc
marcus

Postby nito on Tue May 17, 2005 11:36 pm

The new firmware doesnt double your CF card. It is really a revision of the calculations which determines how many shots remain when shooting NEFs. Under JPEG mode, the calculations have not changed.
nito

Postby marcus on Tue May 17, 2005 11:39 pm

Ah ha.........thanks nito. I sort of skipped through the thread and grabbed hold of the double capacity thing (could'nt believe it and now I know).
Last edited by marcus on Wed May 18, 2005 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
I know nutzinc
marcus

Postby marcus on Wed May 18, 2005 12:12 am

The reasons to go RAW are now in my face. I've now officially & finally gone RAW!!!!
I know nutzinc
marcus

Postby nito on Wed May 18, 2005 5:47 pm

Get a good RAW program :D .

I find Nikon Capture too slow and expensive. I currently use bibble because it's cheaper and gives similar results.
nito

Postby Matt. K on Wed May 18, 2005 7:27 pm

Marcus
We are all waiting to see you in the RAW! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Return to Information