Batch Rename

Those nice to know things about your DSLR will be found here. How to do this, and why you probably should not do that.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Batch Rename

Postby kipper on Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:50 pm

Looking for fast program to batch rename NEF files (recursive into subdirectories) and place them into a flat directory based on EXIF date/time. Nikon Capture is way too slow for my liking. Had a quick look for some on google but just wanted to see what has been already proven.
Darryl (aka Kipper)
Nikon D200
kipper

Postby stubbsy on Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:00 pm

Darryl. I'm sure this has been asked before. Answer is to use iMatch which is one awesome proggie. Extra awesome is the fact it's scriptable with it's own VBA addin and a fully exposed object model. More from me on that front soon since I'm writing some goodies for it. Anyways, tracked down the post I was thinking of and now I'm extra puzzled since you asked the question back then too :D Link is here
Peter
Disclaimer: I know nothing about anything.
*** smugmug galleries: http://www.stubbsy.smugmug.com ***
stubbsy

Postby kipper on Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:05 pm

It probably has Stubbsy, but my care factor to search for previous posts right now is in the negative area. I have the starting symptoms of the flu, I'm hot and so I can't really be bothered searching for anything. I'll take a look at iMatch. Cheers.
Darryl (aka Kipper)
Nikon D200
kipper

Postby kipper on Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:08 pm

stubbsy wrote:Darryl. I'm sure this has been asked before. Answer is to use iMatch which is one awesome proggie. Extra awesome is the fact it's scriptable with it's own VBA addin and a fully exposed object model. More from me on that front soon since I'm writing some goodies for it. Anyways, tracked down the post I was thinking of and now I'm extra puzzled since you asked the question back then too :D Link is here

That'd be right! lol.
Darryl (aka Kipper)
Nikon D200
kipper

Return to Tips and tricks