New Arca-Swiss Plate for Aussies!

This section contains links that may be of interest to DSLR owners. Things like software, or firmware updates, will be found here.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

New Arca-Swiss Plate for Aussies!

Postby g_rustin on Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:46 pm

Thought you guys might like to know this C32 that I bought in a shop during my holiday trip to Singapore, a very well made and very much cheaper than Wimberley from the states that works perfect for my Markin M20. I'm ordering the lens plate L-40 for my 300mm f4 Canon, hope it arrive soon.

http://roxiss.com/index_files/Page1566.html

Cheers,
rustin
g_rustin

Postby DaveB on Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:57 pm

Having the rubber surface makes a bit of sense for a generic camera plate (the Wimberley P-5 is an example) where you don't have a "lip" to provide a solid grip, but on lens plates where you have a lip at the back of the foot??? :roll:

I suppose you can carve the rubber and glue off with solvent and a sharp blade in order to provide a solid mount to the lens foot though...
DaveB

Postby Glen on Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:26 pm

Nice but US$30 to here is steep postage.
Glen

Postby g_rustin on Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:48 am

DaveB wrote:Having the rubber surface makes a bit of sense for a generic camera plate (the Wimberley P-5 is an example) where you don't have a "lip" to provide a solid grip, but on lens plates where you have a lip at the back of the foot??? :roll:

I suppose you can carve the rubber and glue off with solvent and a sharp blade in order to provide a solid mount to the lens foot though...

Hi DaveB, you're quite right about the rubber surface, my buddy do have the P-5, somehow the surface of the P-5 looks very similar with my C32, both do proof to be very secure and tight when properly mounted.

The L-40 lens plate has just arrived, can't wait to test it out this weekend. :D
g_rustin

Postby g_rustin on Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:53 am

Glen wrote:Nice but US$30 to here is steep postage.

Hi Glen, true ... that's why I'm sharing the postage with my buddy who is getting the C32 for his 2nd body which make the cost of postage cheaper for me.
g_rustin

Return to Important links