Basic run down of new voting system

Let's generate some ideas for places to meet and things to shoot.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Basic run down of new voting system

Postby MHD on Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:28 pm

First of all get your entries in for comp8 submission closes at noon Monday (tomorrow...)

Second there will be a new voting system for this comp.

Basically you will have five equal value votes. You may pick 5 images to give them to. Basically each image will have a five radio buttons beneath them, Vote1 through to Vote5 one and one only image may have one of the radios selected, selecting the radio on another image when the radio is already selected on a first removes the vote from that image..
So in short you want to pick your top five images and distribute the radios in amongst them...

I would also appreciate feedback both during and after the voting process... depending on feedback this may become the way of voting for future comps.
New page
http://www.potofgrass.com
Portfolio...
http://images.potofgrass.com
Comments and money always welcome
MHD

Postby Glen on Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:35 am

Very simple Scott, looking forward to seeing how it works :D
Glen

Postby Alpha_7 on Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:43 am

I think this makes the voting system a lot easier, but I think there needs to be a strong emphasises on posting comments/ leaving feedback. Last comp I think it was handled well with plenty of feedback on nearly all the images posted. To me this sort of peer review and feedback is more beneficial then just having your shot ranked, as it lets you see how to improve or just how your shot affected the viewing audience.
Alpha_7

Postby Geoff on Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:52 am

Looks good Scott - will keep you posted!
How many entries now?
Geoff
Special Moments Photography
Nikon D700, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200 2.8VR, SB800 & some simple studio stuff.
Geoff

Postby MHD on Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:55 am

21!
New page
http://www.potofgrass.com
Portfolio...
http://images.potofgrass.com
Comments and money always welcome
MHD

Postby Alpha_7 on Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:45 am

MHD wrote:21!

Doh! My place in the top 20 is no longer secure :lol: :) But I'm glad we have more entries dribbling in, the more the merrier :)
Alpha_7

Postby stubbsy on Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:54 am

Alpha_7 wrote:I think this makes the voting system a lot easier, but I think there needs to be a strong emphasises on posting comments/ leaving feedback. Last comp I think it was handled well with plenty of feedback on nearly all the images posted. To me this sort of peer review and feedback is more beneficial then just having your shot ranked, as it lets you see how to improve or just how your shot affected the viewing audience.

Spooky. I just posted a nearly identical comment in response to a comment of yours in another thread Craig. Needless to say I concur.
Peter
Disclaimer: I know nothing about anything.
*** smugmug galleries: http://www.stubbsy.smugmug.com ***
stubbsy

Postby Alpha_7 on Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:01 pm

stubbsy wrote:
Alpha_7 wrote:I think this makes the voting system a lot easier, but I think there needs to be a strong emphasises on posting comments/ leaving feedback. Last comp I think it was handled well with plenty of feedback on nearly all the images posted. To me this sort of peer review and feedback is more beneficial then just having your shot ranked, as it lets you see how to improve or just how your shot affected the viewing audience.

Spooky. I just posted a nearly identical comment in response to a comment of yours in another thread Craig. Needless to say I concur.

Yes I just replied to your response, it did have a little spooky, same wave length feel. Can't wait to see the gallery up with all entries, I'm less then satisfied with my own effort, so can't wait to see the products of other member's labours.
Alpha_7

Return to Shooting and meeting ideas