Glebe Tramsheds

Got a thin skin? Then look elsewhere. Post a link to an image that you've made, and invite others to offer their critiques. Honesty is encouraged, but please be positive in your constructive criticism. Flaming and just plain nastiness will not be tolerated. Please note that this is not an area for you to showcase your images, nor is this a place for you to show-off where you have been. This is an area for you to post images so that you may share with us a technique that you have mastered, or are trying to master. Typically, no more than about four images should be posted in any one post or thread, and the maximum size of any side of any image should not exceed 950 px.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please note that image critiquing is a matter of give and take: if you post images for critique, and you then expect to receive criticism, then it is also reasonable, fair and appropriate that, in return, you post your critique of the images of other members here as a matter of courtesy. So please do offer your critique of the images of others; your opinion is important, and will help everyone here enjoy their visit to far greater extent.

Also please note that, unless you state something to the contrary, other members might attempt to repost your image with their own post processing applied. We see this as an acceptable form of critique, but should you prefer that others not modify your work, this is perfectly ok, and you should state this, either within your post, or within your signature.

Images posted here should conform with the general forum guidelines. Image sizes should not exceed 950 pixels along the largest side (height or width) and typically no more than four images per post or thread.

Please also ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Glebe Tramsheds

Postby biggerry on Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:42 pm

I am definitely going back to this place soon.

being tram sheds, probably should include a picture of the actual trams eh?
The colours in here are brillant, I am sure they would change every week, I was really looking for that punchy in ya face colourful shot and i reckon this was the best I got in that regard.

Its amazing what is in this place, a few things I would probably not touch as well, but this was an interestign find..dont read the text, you might not wanna go there...

you want to have a classic horror movie style scene, this is it! complete with falling in roof, collapsing floor, very disgusting old urinals and toliet cubicles...

looking for leading lines, repeating rafters and all that...its got that too... :rotfl2:

Last edited by biggerry on Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gerry's photography journey
No amount of processing will fix bad composition - trust me i have tried.
biggerry

Re: Glebe Tramsheds

Postby surenj on Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:39 am

This looks like an eerie place!

You have captured it's essence well. I like the letter with the background as context. [Can you show us a version where it's easy to read the text? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ]

The last HDR is used well.

I wonder the whether the crowd who does these tags are friendly? I assume they arrive with their lights etc at night..... :shock:

Fancy this place this being allowed to stand. I would have thought an apartment block would be much more economically viable.
surenj

Postby aim54x on Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:45 am

Really glad to see you got out there. I should have been there today. the shots look good, maybe we should organise another time.
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Postby Mj on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:42 am

Looks like an overalls and boots job... probably some sturdy gloves as well... how about mext time we get you to clamber in and open a front door for the rest of us??? :D
Photography is not a crime, but perhaps my abuse of artistic license is?
Mj

Postby Willy wombat on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:24 am

Looks terrific - I must visit this place next time I am in Sydney. Is it open to the public or it a jump the fence style visit??
Steve (Nikon D200/D700)
My photography website http://wwphoto.redbubble.com/
My photo blog http://www.redbubble.com/people/wwphoto
Please feel free to offer any constructive criticism on my works
Willy wombat

Postby surenj on Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:24 pm

Mj wrote:ow about mext time we get you to clamber in and open a front door for the rest of us??? :D

With a wirecutter? :rotfl2:
surenj

Postby biggerry on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:52 pm

surenj wrote:Can you show us a version where it's easy to read the text?

you sure you wanna read it :wink:

I really like this image, I love the empty chair in the background - very glad I walked all teh way around this side of the shed...

The last HDR is used well.

on a bright sunny day, around midday when everywhere else is too crap take pictures, this is the place to be to do HDR stuff...

Fancy this place this being allowed to stand. I would have thought an apartment block would be much more economically viable.

Talking to Mj on the day, it appears the joint is up for sale - I am surprised its still standing and accessible.

I assume they arrive with their lights etc at night....

I reckon most would be done in the daytime, I suspect it is also a favourite spot for squatting too, the thing that makes me nervous is the one and only way in and out.

There were a number of people there who came and went during the 1.5hours or so I was around, the path in and out is certainly well used so its without a doubt pretty popular on a number of fronts.

aim54x wrote:maybe we should organise another time.

its heaps close for me, 15min bike ride or 5 mins drive, just drop us a bell if you keen.

Mj wrote:how about mext time we get you to clamber in and open a front door for the rest of us???

I looked at this and have determined its a definite can do... if I have the key to those very very fat padlocks :rotfl2:

Willy wombat wrote:Looks terrific - I must visit this place next time I am in Sydney. Is it open to the public or it a jump the fence style visit??

alittle from column A....alittle from column B....
biggerry

Postby surenj on Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:01 pm

biggerry wrote:There were a number of people there who came and went during the 1.5hours or so I was around

The friendly type I assume? :shock:

Perhaps a blow torch will do for a key for those locks! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
surenj

Postby zafra52 on Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:32 pm

It looks a place full of photographic opportunities.
The temptation would be for me to capture as
much as possible in a shot, which is not wise. You
could take hundreds of colourful shots, just by
isolating different pictorial elements.
zafra52

Postby biggerry on Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:32 pm

zafra52 wrote:The temptation would be for me to capture as
much as possible in a shot,.

great advice - i suspected I suffered this

surenj wrote:The friendly type I assume

yeah, i think I was the one people were scared of, with a black jacket and beanie :rotfl2: but all in all the people I met there were fine and dandy.
biggerry

Postby malificentmuse on Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:11 pm

Helloes!

I am wondering about this location, as one of my other favorite places (The Dunlop Factory in Alexandria) is now off-limits :( I was wondering if it was openly accessible on weekdays for a model shoot, and if anyone had any tips or advice for a first time visitor?

Thanks! :)
malificentmuse

Postby aim54x on Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:20 pm

malificentmuse wrote:Helloes!

I am wondering about this location, as one of my other favorite places (The Dunlop Factory in Alexandria) is now off-limits :( I was wondering if it was openly accessible on weekdays for a model shoot, and if anyone had any tips or advice for a first time visitor?

Thanks! :)

Alfred...you may wnat to start a new thread!
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Postby malificentmuse on Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:45 pm

Sorry, If someone could please delete my post, I don't seem to be able to
malificentmuse

Return to Image Reviews and Critiques