Holidays soon

Have your say on issues related to using a DSLR camera.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Holidays soon

Postby the dane on Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:43 am

Hi we are heading to Bali in early January! Do most of you guys lug your laptop computers around on vacation?
Or just use a ipad or samsung tab?
And besides from (gopro Quick) is there any other programs that photos music and titles can be done and sent to Facebook or as emails, in good order? Even though Gopro Quick is great fast and has heaps of free songs and many styles of photo to video styles!
I would love to take my laptop but I think it would just sit in the hotel room, then you're forced to edit late at night. Where on the other hand Samsung Tab can be edited in a bar drinking a Bintang beer!
Come to think about it I might have answered my own questions.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
the dane

Re: Holidays soon

Postby zafra52 on Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:10 am

I hope you have a wonderful and safe holiday. I think you have answered your own questions. When I traveled with a Slr I took with me a laptop, a portable backup drive that has its own power source and backs up photos directly from the cards, several lenses, etc. I then, published to the Internet from the laptop. Last trip to Europe I took a couple of point and shoot cameras as I had to travel light, a Samsung tablet and my iPhone and I found I could do things easier directly into Facebook and email. My only limitation to the Internet was the local WiFi, in many places very poor. Also, instead of taking 7000+ photos I only took less than 2000 (the phone and the Canon Sx30 is are not as fast as an Slr. The choice of equipment will be influenced by the kind of holiday/travel you need to do. Is is primarily a photo holiday by yourself or is it a holiday to relax and enjoy the company of your loved ones with the occasional snap?
zafra52

Postby the dane on Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:36 pm

Wife and friends! So wil be snap shots. Also buying a 35mm prime! And only taking one camera not 2 and no gopro. Last year was nuts too much going on and so much camera work. So going to take around 50 shots a day pick 20 good ones add music then FB it daily! My wants to do a Daily Indonesian food blog as well for her friends, last time we were there the food was soo good, cheap, bright colors and forgot to mention the cheap beers everywhere. I had a beer lining up in the Bank!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
the dane

Postby biggerry on Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:52 pm

I have a rule, when on holidays no processing images :) just take them :) I don't get these people who go on holidays take pictures and post them online as they are there, I suppose if you have time and thats your thing then ok...

I take a tablet when i go away, but that is mainly for booking, backuping and proper interent email access.. its only a cheapy but works really well.
gerry's photography journey
No amount of processing will fix bad composition - trust me i have tried.
biggerry

Return to General Discussion