Sydney Camera Market 7 March 2010

Let's generate some ideas for places to meet and things to shoot.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Sydney Camera Market 7 March 2010

Postby aim54x on Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:44 am

Its on once again...anyone going? I should be going at some point....maybe we can make a meet out of it?

WHERE: ULTIMO COMMUNITY CENTRE, BULWARRA ST. ULTIMO
WHEN: 10am to 3pm....last time I went they closed up early...so maybe an earlier start would be an idea

On the Sunday 7 March 2010 the Sydney Camera Market will be held at the Ultimo Community Centre. 10am - 3pm

It is an opportunity to grab a photographic bargain!

Near new digital cameras can be found alongside old box Brownies. Classic Leica Rangefinders, a favorite with artists and press photographers since the 1930's can be bought at reasonable prices.

Run since 1997 this hall full of photographic bargains is also an excellent museum of all the very best and worst image capture devices made. What is a Daguerotype, Polaroid instant film process, Holga or Diana F photography? A pin hole camera?

Come along for a different, fun day out!

The profits from the running of the event, run by the Camera and Image Collector's Society, go to Karonga Public School Epping, for severely disabled children, which is a registered charity.

I have attached copies of our adds for the market and the Camera and Image Collector's Society and photos from previous markets.

Note that we have been running the markets since 1997 and they have been at the Ultimo Community Centre since 1998. We do it for the fun as we are interested in photographic images and photographic technology.

why is it that everytime this is around I am strapped for cash?
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Re: Sydney Camera Market 7 March 2010

Postby Mr Darcy on Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:14 am

aim54x wrote:why is it that everytime this is around I am strapped for cash?

Maybe someone is trying to tell you something :P

No I won't be there. Other engagements.
Greg
It's easy to be good... when there is nothing else to do
Mr Darcy

Postby mozzie on Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:44 pm

meeting a few friends for lunch and buckets of Sangria but I've been wanting to check this out for a while (ever since you've been goign on an on about it). Any idea if its worth goign before 12?
mozzie

Postby aim54x on Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:56 pm

mozzie wrote:meeting a few friends for lunch and buckets of Sangria but I've been wanting to check this out for a while (ever since you've been goign on an on about it). Any idea if its worth goign before 12?

Yes, all the good stuff will still be there, but they wont be on clearance prices yet...
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Return to Shooting and meeting ideas