100 portraits with names recorded - how to do, help!

Have your say on issues related to using a DSLR camera.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

100 portraits with names recorded - how to do, help!

Postby haring on Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:00 am

I have a project I am going to work on this week.
At the beginning of a conference I need to take photos of couples/guests AND record their names. Next day I need to print the photos and mark them with the couples/guests names.

I am planning to take the photos, and:

1. have a blank sheet and i will ask them to fill in their names one after other, and
2. record a video of the whole portrait session (2hours) including audio where I also voice record their names and the photos I take.

Have you ever done something like this? I was thinking to record audio to the camera file but I have never done this before. I have a 5D mark Iv and a Canon r5. Is this a proper way to ensure all photos are assigned with the right photos? I just don't want to mix up the names and assign the wrong name to the photo.
haring

Re: 100 portraits with names recorded - how to do, help!

Postby gstark on Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:49 am

I think that, if you link your camera to a laptop of some sort and use Photoshop or whatever, you should be able to easily add notes to each image.

Such notes could include the details of the subject, such as name, etc.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion