A Big Thankyou

Forum rules and nettiquette, along with other items of general interest.

Important information about this forum is contained here, and members MUST familiarise themselves with the posts here, as well as what is contained within the FAQ.

Please do not complain if you ask a question regarding a topic covered here or in the FAQ and in response you get a rather brusque, obtuse or sarcastic response. We get sick and tired of answering the same questions, day in, day out, when the answers are clearly published, in plain view, and all that is required is for you to open your eyes and read them!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

A Big Thankyou

Postby birddog114 on Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:10 am

Dear fellow members of D70Users.com.

After months, weeks of working hard with all the efforts in preparation for the AW, we had finally made it, the big event ever of the D70Users.com.

I, personally would like to say a big thanks to:

- Gary Stark
- Leigh Stark
- Joet and Chryssine
- Matt.K + Philo
- Glen
- Sheepie
- Stubbsy
- Smac
- Happyphotographer
- Special thank to Poon and Jean,
- All attendees from Sydney, Interstate at two dinners and number of activities across Sydney last weekend.
- The rest of members, who could not make yourself to present at the AW ( we never forget you)
- My wife and my family.

Your generosity of contribution and support to the successful of this special events and the grown of this forum are marvelous, what can I ask more.

I and my family are enjoying your companies same as the camaraderie which we all participated and built up since day 1, I’m proud of to be a Patron of this D70Users.com forum and wish to be continued with more strong support and we will create its foundation as solid as concrete in the coming days.

My sincere apologize to few members with the pre-order of the lust for the AW, due to my time was restricted to other duties and the problems of logistic, few items haven’t deliver to your hands as promised at the right time, orders will be fulfilled this week as I’ll try hard today.

We, together will make another great year of the DSLRusers.com and another bigger events next year, I wish and hope to see you all in the AW06
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby darb on Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:20 am

You're nuts. As I said in my message, the thanks go to you mate !
darb

Postby stubbsy on Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:06 am

birddog

It was said at the dinners, but there are TWO people here without whom this forum probably wouldn't have just had a birthday. You are one of those two people and we are all indebted to you. I think the mini meets at your place and your amazing generosity are a significcant reason for the great sense of community here.

The second person is Gary. The forum was his idea and he's steered it well. He's mothered us with a gentle nudge, fathered us with a less gentle scold and leavened the mix with his sarcastic wit. The end result is he has ensured we respect each other and maintain our focus on the reason we are all banding together - photography.

My hat is off to both of you for providing this wonderful place.
Peter
Disclaimer: I know nothing about anything.
*** smugmug galleries: http://www.stubbsy.smugmug.com ***
stubbsy

Postby gstark on Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:23 am

Blush
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby sirhc55 on Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:37 am

Sometimes words cannot express the feelings one has when it comes to events that happen in ones life. This forum rekindled my interest in photography beyond the everyday required business photography that I do.

I therefore extend a big thank you to - Gary, Leigh, the Birddogs, the moderators and every single member :D
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

Postby NeoN on Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:31 pm

Nicesly put Stubbsy,and we are the lucky beneficiaries of their knowlege ,Help,and hard work that goes with it,and not forgeting Leighfor his eccentric but NICE Humor :D :lol:
NeoN.
NeoN

Return to Information