Another Photoshop tutorial

This section contains links that may be of interest to DSLR owners. Things like software, or firmware updates, will be found here.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Another Photoshop tutorial

Postby birddog114 on Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:48 pm

Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Re: Another Photoshop tutorial

Postby nouhfaw on Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:23 pm

How do I stop Photoshop from smoothing out pixels when I scale an image? I'm working with 8-bit and 16-bit era screenshots from vintage video games. I'm trying to scale a screenshot in Photoshop Elements to make it the size I need, but every time I scale it, Photoshop automatically smooths out the pixels. They get muddy and lose that definition that I want. Is there any way for me to stop Photoshop from doing this? I'm at a loss.
nouhfaw

Postby Matt. K on Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:10 pm

You can't upscale a low resolution image, such as a screen grab and convert it into a large hi resolution image. There ain't no program that can do that.
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Postby aim54x on Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:42 pm

Matt. K wrote:You can't upscale a low resolution image, such as a screen grab and convert it into a large hi resolution image. There ain't no program that can do that.

:agree: but Genuine Fractuals helps to stretch a moderate resolution image to a large print
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Return to Important links