Dpreview D40 review is up

A place for us to talk about Nikon related camera gear.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Dpreview D40 review is up

Postby jammy2 on Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:54 am

Just a heads-up, the dpreview review of the D40 is up. Looks like a very nice camera for the intended market. Nikon managed to squeeze some improvement like better shooting buffer and nifty image processing into a well-designed and responsive body=)

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond40/
jammy2

Re: Dpreview D40 review is up

Postby PossumCorner on Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:44 pm

jammy2 wrote:.... Nikon managed to squeeze some improvement like better shooting buffer and nifty image processing into a well-designed and responsive body .....

Thanks, it is good to see the review is pretty much in favour. No regrets since buying the D40, it is great to use, lives up to the review, well aware AF cannot work on all lenses - that's a non-issue with me as it is not the only Nikon pony in our little stable (D70, D50). Absolutely love it, no regrets.

One whinge - spare batteries were not released in Melbourne along with the kits, it is a new battery design, no third-parties yet available. Waiting for the spare battery is a reminder of waiting for the D200 to hit the shops. Waiting, waiting. Okay I have not had to depend on the one battery yet for a full day's shooting, but it should be my choice to do that if it suited me. Whilst this supply ?oversight is annoying, it takes nothing away from how much I love the D40.
PossumCorner

Return to Nikon